Monday 4 October 2010

Week One – Skills profile


My first project assignment will consist of using Photoshop to create a Movie Poster.
I already know the basics how to use Adobe Photoshop, I have experience of Photoshop use at home this product is similar to using after effects so I picked up some functions from the program. I Find Photoshop a bit confusing some times because of how tools are used in different ways but lately I have been using more often therefore getting past this.
I can use effectively things such as

·         Workspace Organization
·         Layers
·         Levels
·         Hue and Saturation
·         Curves
·         Colour Balance and other image adjustments and image modification
·         Masks
·         Brushes
·         The Selection Tool
·         Clone Stamping
·         Healing brush
·         Using Blending Modes
·         Text
·         Magnetic lasso tool
·         Eraser
I have only done subjects like touching up images for some work projects or Facebook etc making images look funny or cool like putting a funny hat on someone or put supernatural effects on or to disfigure someone to make them look amusing. I have also used it sometimes for pre editing layers for my after effects projects like titles or information images. I have also used it for a DVD cover and Poster.
I would like to learn some more Photoshop skills and get more comfortable and fluent with the programs use.  I would like to know how to go into detail with the program and create more professional and arty pieces in detail along with being able to draw and animate. I believe all these things will help me create better work and cut time.

No comments:

Post a Comment