Monday 4 October 2010

Mood board Annotations

I have scrambled together my various magazine cuttings to create my mood board to create my Sci-fi Movie Poster. I think my Mood board is very abstract and cool; the visual feel to it is very well put together with red and greys as the most dominant colour schemes. I have now included annotations for the individual cuttings and my views on them these consist of things related to Space, violence, urban art, extra terrestrial.
My imagery is selected to carefully represent a range of Sci-fi elements all to represent the mood of my piece.  Due to the Space element and mention of ‘planet terror’ suggests a science fiction genre themes such as alien invasion or encounter. I have also targeted a mood of uncertainty and unsettledness.
For my poster my mood board has included elements of killing, exploding destruction moreover the colour ‘red’ which is associated with death, violence and blood also terror. I will hope to achieve a final poster that inspires fear but also keeps to the sci-fi genre and also shows an extra terrestrial element along with uncertainty. Click on the picture to get a good look at the annotations.

No comments:

Post a Comment