Monday 4 October 2010

New Skills

The class was shown Photoshop a week ago. Although I already had Photoshop experience it was a good idea to re-run a base skills tutorial because I hadn’t used the program in quite a while I was a bit rusty.
I learnt how to use the different lasso tools such as the magnetic one where it connects to the nearest pixels which helps with big objects if you want to cut it quicker, but not as good with small objects. I also learned how to use the quick section and magic wand tool which is good for pasting out different layers of an image.
I also learnt how to use blending options where you can change images and text to do different effects like making it look like the image are cut out of background or the other way round. I also learnt a few Keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl J to duplicate also Space then move your mouse and click to move the image viewing, Ctrl +- to zoom in and out of my image.

Over-all my entire mind has been refreshed of Photoshop.
I also learnt that RGB is used for Web-based purposes and CMYK is for printing.

No comments:

Post a Comment