Tuesday 14 December 2010

DVD Menu - Building

Combining all my Pre production, production also Post production such as flowcharts, storyboards, Sketches, animations, videos and menus I've designed and created etc. All these materials have been combined into a DVD Menu. This is a long process with their being about 70 different interactive links.

I started by Creating a new project and setting  up a new project using Pal DVD settings, now i have a blank project. As my first auto play i have the Unincluded Productions title sequence timeline by setting it to first play.
From then i have my first language menu then on to my three trailers Skyline, Watchmen and Cowboys vs aliens which are also sci-fi trailers.

After it starts up my Main menu with i created with a video and sound file also with a few layers and text which leads to Scene Selection, Setup and Bonus Features. Then i went though the long put satisfiing job of linking everything back with each other so that theres a path that the audience can use.

The final step is extensive testing, making sure all you links work and in your set sequence with no glitches. This is a time consuimg but vital exercise and decreases the margin of error. At the time of writing I am only having 1 Audio issue on an animation but the rest seems to be working. Soon I will have to start testing on Third Parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment